Petaluma, CA —
Team celebrates 13th year with impressive race stats
Petaluma, California, TRG will celebrate its 13th consecutive year of running the historic Grand-Am Rolex Series Rolex 24 Hours At Daytona when the green flag drops on the all day, all night race January 24-25. The team has entered five Porsche 911 GT cars for the Rolex 24.
- This year's entries brings TRG's total to 55 since the team first turned a lap at Daytona International Speedway in 1996.
- With 24 drivers in this year's five entries, TRG has provided the opportunity of running the twice around the clock event to 223 drivers since 1996.
- In their 13 years running the race, the team from California has entered 54 TRG prepared racers, 51 Porsches, two Pontiacs and two Riley Daytona Prototypes (DP), 2009 inclusive.
- The 50 TRG entries, that have started the 24 to date, have covered 25,628-miles around the 3.56-mile, 12-turn World Center of Racing's road course. That is equal to driving a 911 around the world 3.27 times.
- TRG has comprised nearly 13% of the Rolex GT Class (or GTU) field since 2000.
- The most impressive statistic would have to be that TRG has enjoyed an average finish of ninth from 2000 to 2008. Since entering the Rolex 24 for the first time in 1996, the team has had an average finish of 11th accounting for the full complement of TRG's 50 entries and 218 drivers (numbers not including 2009) at the Rolex 24 since 1996.
- With all of the entries and drivers also comes wins. This includes a GT class win in 2002 and an overall victory, crossing the finish line before a Daytona Prototype (DP) and the entire GT field, in 2003. The team has stood on the podium seven times, and recorded 21 top ten finishes.
- TRG has amassed 24 wins in the Rolex Series with 68 podium finishes leading to GT championships in 2005 and 2006.
"Wow!" Kevin Buckler, TRG team owner said. "When you put all of those numbers together it sure is impressive and sort of unbelievable. There have been so many memories at Daytona in 13 years. Winning as a driver in 2002 and overall in 2003 has to be at the top. Providing so many memories for so many drivers and friends is very rewarding. Running two DP and six GT cars in 2005 as a part of an eight car team was really a handful especially since we were leading in both classes for quite a while."
"I think this year we will have one of the best opportunities to win the race that we have had in a few years. The new Porsche rolled right of trailer and we were able to put three of our cars in the top four at the end of the test weekend. The driver lineups we have create the potential of anyone of our five cars to win. However, one stat that we have yet to deliver is having a TRG entry finish first without me behind the wheel. We hope to do that in 11 days."
TRG's 2009 Rolex 24 At Daytona Driver Line-up:
67 Construct Corps/CRG/No Fear Energy Drinks/K1 Speed/Voodoo Ride/GemstoneWinery
65 Riegel-Stanton/Cystic Fibrosis Foundation/65 Roses/Magnus Racing/Marquis Jet/Resorts International/IPC/Total Lubricants
66 AXA/Mitchell Rubber/Wealth Management Strategies
Tim George Jr.
63 Guardian Angel Motorsports (GAM)
68 James Farrell & Co./Pallis Properties, Inc./COLO Columbia River Logistics
The Rolex 24 At Daytona will be televised live Saturday, January 24 beginning at 3:00 p.m. EST on FOX. The coverage then transitions to the SPEED Channel at 4:30 p.m. going to 10:00 p.m. SPEED will rejoin the action at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday morning taking it to the checker with post race interviews concluding at 4:00 p.m.
TRG was founded in 1993 and has been competing at the top level of motor racing ever since. The team has the most wins of any team in the Grand-Am Rolex Series with 25, including the 2005 and 2006 Rolex Series GT championship trophy to go along with wins at the Rolex 24 at Daytona and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
TRG is a manufacturer and distributor of high-performance racing parts. The group specializes in engine and chassis tuning as well as full service professional race car preparation. The company also provides electrical and mechanical engineering services, driver development and arrive-and-drive opportunities. TRG is based in Petaluma, Calif., near its home track of Infineon Raceway in Sonoma. The company's NASCAR operation is based in Mooresville, North Carolina and a new state-of-the-art facility is coming on-line at New Jersey Motorsports Park in late 2009.
More information and a complete press kit can be found at www.theracersgroup.com, www.trgmotorsports.com, and www.theracersgroup.com/newjersey. Please contact
or (707) 935-3999 for additional information.
More information and a complete press kit can be found at www.theracersgroup.com. Please contact
or 707-935-3999 for additional information.